Attention Artists, Craftsmen and Vendors. Old Fort's Octoberfest is around the corner
Dear Artists, Craftsmen and Vendors:
The October Fall Festival committee is pleased to invite you to be a part of the annual October Fall Festival. Sponsored by the Old Fort Chamber of Commerce.
- Application, Instructions and Information for Temporary Foodservice Establishments.
The Old Fort Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the new and improved “Octoberfest”. We have reduced the event to two days, Saturday 7 to 7 and Sunday 7 to 7, with a band playing once each day ending with our Mill Creek Duck Race at 5pm Sunday. Music can be played at the festival by local groups until 10pm Saturday and Sunday, please call to reserve a time. New vendor rules welcome the addition of more types of vendors and some restrictions on food vendors. Antique and collectable vendors are a welcome addition as well as home based businesses. Our long time local craft vendors are still an important part of this event, as are our local farms and businesses. No flea market or yard sale items.
1. Booth Size & Placement: Booth sizes are 12 feet by 12 feet. Vendors may purchase multiple spaces, if desired. Vendors must provide their own tent, booth, tables, chairs and signage. Food vendors will provide all items needed for cooking, storing, and serving food. Vendor locations will be assigned by the Old Fort Chamber of Commerce (OFCC) and will be available the Thursday before the festival. We reserve the right to relocate a vendor when necessary, even after space has been assigned. In addition, (OFCC) reserves the right to turn down and limit the number of vendors based on the nature of the services or products sold. ALL exhibits must be set up and staffed for the entire festival schedule with an exception only for weather or host approval.
2. Exclusivity: (OFCC) does not grant or ensure the exclusive right of vendor to offer for sale any specific item(s) and reserves the right to disallow the sale of any items or services for any reason at the (OFCC) full discretion.
3. Electrical Requirements: Electricity will be provided for an additional charge of $10 per plug-in. Vendors may not bring their own generators (except pre-approved). Vendor must provide electrical/extension cords. Every attempt will be made to ensure continued electrical service. However, (OFCC) will not be held responsible for loss of sales or goods should circumstances beyond our control arise, vendor equipment be deemed faulty or vendor electrical needs exceed provisions named. Running water is provided at one point next to museum building.
4. SECURITY: OLD FORT POLICE WILL SUPPLY LIMITED SECURITY FOR THIS EVENT DURING THE NIGHT. THE CHAMBER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSE OR DAMAGE.
5. Set Up & Tear Down: Each vendor is responsible for setup, tear down and cleanup of booth space. Setup time is the Friday before, after 5pm. Trash containers will be available. Foods vendors must bag their waste for pick up by festival workers and not use the public containers.
6. Food Vendor Requirements: Food vendors will be responsible for acquiring any permits required
County and permit obligations will be each vendor’s sole liability and responsibility.
The Environmental Health division of the Rutherford Polk McDowell District Health Department has the responsibility of ensuring the residents of Rutherford, Polk and McDowell Counties have a clean and healthy environment where they can work, live and play. This is accomplished by inspecting and insuring the compliance of local and state environmental regulations. Inspections that Environmental Health are responsible for include: Septic Systems, Public Swimming Pools, Tattoo Parlors, Hospitals, Day cares, schools, nursing and rest homes, lodging and food handling establishments which includes food vendors at events such as fairs and festivals. In addition we also perform lead investigations.
Environmental Health: (828) 652-2921
CANCELLATION: IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AFTER RESERVING YOU'RE SPACE YOU MUST CANCEL BY 4:30PM ON SEPTEMBER 15 TO RECEIVE YOU DEPOSIT BACK.
OLD FORT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 828-668-7223 send email is the best way.